Sunday, December 20, 2009
So everyone, as my time to get back to the United States winds down, I am continuously thinking of new song ideas and trying to better myself as a musician. I cannot wait to get back home and start recording my ideas and stacking and mixing tracks as I progress on my record. As a guitar player, I am always thinking of ways to get that "signature" sound. People say that tone is a balance between the gear that the player uses and the soul and technique in the fingers of the player. I feel that I have the soul and the technique to get the tone that I want (Hendrix/SRV/John Mayer), but am lacking in the gear department. In all honesty, I feel that the soul and technique is more important than how expensive the gear you have, but it still helps to have the proper equipment. It is also tough in these economically pressing times for a musician to fully support his needs as a performer.

One thing that all of the guitar idols have in common is a signature guitar. Stevie Ray Vaughan had his #1 Stratocaster, Jimi Hendrix had many, including his famous upside down right-handed Stratocaster and his Monterey Pop Festival Stratocaster. John Mayer uses many, but most of the time he turns to his "The Black One" custom relic Stratocaster. In the future, I plan on building my own guitar to my own personal specifications, that way I will have a guitar that is a part of me and can output the exact tone that I am looking for.

There is an opportunity before me that I can hope to help me out on my quest for a custom guitar sooner rather than later. Rittenhouse Guitars is hosting a giveaway on www.RittenhouseGuitars.com for a custom relic guitar. I do want to win a relic custom guitar from Rittenhouse Guitars. I have entered many guitar gear contests in the past and I really hope this is the one that falls through. This would be the one that could help me get the guitar of my dreams and help me achieve the signature sound I am looking for. If not, I'll just move on and continue my life as a musician.

Music is my life and I will do anything to further myself, not for the money or for the collection of expensive equipment, but for the love of music. This was just a little thought I had on my mind that I wanted to share with you. Keep tuning in for updates on my musical endeavors.

"Oh but are you experienced? / Have you ever been experienced? / Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

About Me

My Photo
Dan Ruemenapp
View my complete profile

Followers